Related Posts by Categories and Tags
Requires: WordPress v5.0, Contextual Related Posts v2.6.0
Tested up to: WordPress v5.6
Plugin page: Related Posts by Categories and Tags | WordPress.org plugin page
Restrict the related posts by Contextual Related Posts to the same category, tag or custom taxonomy
This is the penultimate version of Related Posts by Categories and Tags. Contextual Related Posts v3.0.0 will incorporate all the functionality of this plugin.
Related Posts by Categories and Tags is an extension for Contextual Related Posts that adds another degree of related posts matching by adding the option to restrict these related posts to the same category, tag or custom taxonomy.
Additionally, you can also disable the contextual matching engine either on posts/pages or on only custom post types.
Requires Contextual Related Posts v2.6.0 or higher.
Related Posts by Categories and Tags is open for contribution on Github
So, if you’ve got some cool feature that you’d like to implement into the plugin or a bug you’ve been able to fix, consider forking the project and sending me a pull request.
Related Posts by Categories and Tags General Options
For more screenshots visit the WordPress plugin page
WordPress install (the easy way)
- Navigate to Plugins within your WordPress Admin Area
- Click “Add new” and in the search box enter “Related Posts by Categories and Tags”
- Find the plugin in the list (usually the first result) and click “Install Now”
- Download the plugin
- Extract the contents of crp-taxonomy.zip to wp-content/plugins/ folder. You should get a folder called crp-taxonomy.
- Activate the Plugin in WP-Admin.
- Goto Settings » Related Posts to configure. You’ll find the checkboxes under General Options
Frequently Asked Questions
If your question isn’t listed here, please create a new post detailing your problem in the WordPress.org support forum. It is the fastest way to get support as I monitor the forums regularly. I also provide premium paid support via email.