Skip to main content
  1. All Posts/


Tools Open Source PHP WordPress
=== LinkGist ===
Contributors: linkgist
Tags: affiliate, affiliate widget, earn money, make money, marketing, free, easy, links, monetization, plugin, revenue, text links, linkgist, tool
Requires at least: 3.5
Tested up to: 4.1
Stable tag: 1.0
License: GPLv2 or later
License URI:

With many years of experience in both content websites and affiliate marketing, we saw an opportunity in monetizing more of our content.

== Description ==

With many years of experience in both content websites and affiliate marketing, we saw an opportunity in monetizing more of our content. None of the services available in the market today really lived up to our expectations so we decided to build one ourselves.
With ease of use and advertising relevancy in mind as the key pillars throughout the development process, we believe we have built a great usable service for nearly every website.
LinkGist strives to make affiliate marketing easy to use, for everyone.
LinkGist offers a service for website owners (e.g. for blogs, news websites, fora, wiki pages etc.) which automatically monetizes their content. The service consists of two technologies:

= Word replacement =
With this service the content of your website will be scanned for monetizable keywords and replace them with an appropriate affiliate link based on the context of the content and the keyword itself. All links will be inserted near real-time, unobtrusively and without altering the content at all.

= Link replacement =
Our service scans your website for existing links, then matches these with the database of connected merchants and replaces them with the appropriate affiliate based deep-links. No alterations are made to existing affiliate links, internal links or links without an available affiliate partner.

LinkGist will take 25% commission on each transaction made which leaves 75% for the customer. The goal is that the actual commission paid to the customer will be similar to the commission paid out directly by the affiliate networks, due to the higher tiers reached with the volume of combined transactions.
In order to give each and every blogger the chance to set up LinkGist for their site we’ve decided to build a WordPress plugin! We hope you like it!

== Installation ==

= Install =

1. Install the plugin either via the `` plugin directory, or by
   uploading the files to your server (in the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory).
2. Activate the plugin through the `Plugins` menu in WordPress.
3. Go to `Settings -> LinkGist` and setup your info.

= Uninstall =

1. Deactivate the plugin in the `Plugins` menu in WordPress.
2. After Deactivation a `Delete` link appears below the plugin name, follow the
   link and confim with `Yes, Delete these files`.
3. This will delete all the plugin files from the server as well as erasing all
   options the plugin has stored in the database.

== Changelog ==

= Version 1.0 =

 * Initial Release.