Non-Text Content #
All non-text content that is presented to the user has a text alternative that serves the equivalent purpose.
- Avoid using meaningful images as background images.
- Insert a meaningful image with
<img>instead of background image.
- Meaningful background images must be supplemented with a text equivalent on the page.
Info and Relationships #
Information, structure, and relationships conveyed through presentation can be programmatically determined or are available in text.
- Avoid using inserted CSS content (pseudo elements ::before and ::after) to add meaningful content.
Meaningful Sequence #
- Avoid using position: absolute to place content on page. It may not be read by in the correct order by assistive technology.