I want it to be fast. I want to be able to enable any of the features and not have my Google Pagespeed score drop. To be fast it:
- Minifies all assets (JS and CSS)
- Loads all assets inline. They are already small, and loading them directly on the page means there are no server requests.
- Only loads things when they are needed. JS and CSS are only loaded for activated modules.
- Options? There’s only one for the database; an array that stores what modules are active.
- All modules are disabled by default. You only enable the ones you need.
To ensure the plugin is as privacy focused as possible it:
- Does not phone out. No data is shared with third parties.
- Does not track your usage of the plugin.
- Does not add generator comments, or secret comments to your site html.
- Admin Interface Tweaks – Small CSS changes to make the interface nicer to use.
- Avatars – Algorithmicly generated private avatars that are consistent across websites.
- Contact Form – Gutenberg compatible & private. Supports the spam blocker module.
- Cookie Banner
- CSP Header
- Disable Comment Urls – Removes comments urls from your site.
- Fast 404 – Stops WordPress from loading the full 404 page for images and other content. Reduces server usage.
- Get Image – Find a featured image for posts that do not have one assigned.
- Heading Anchors – Add anchor names to headings so that they can be linked to.
- Iframe Privacy Shield – Remove iframes and add a clickable screen so that they load when the user wants to see them.
- Infinite Scroll
- Jetpack Dev Mode – Disable Jetpacks connection so that only local functions are enabled.
- Lazy Loading
- Layout Grid – A nicer columns block.
- Monetization – Enable Coil Web Monetization.
- OEmbed – Add additional OEmbed providers.
- Optimization – Remove WordPress features that are rarely used.
- Portfolio – Portfolio custom post type and blocks.
- Post Category – A post category block.
- Random Redirection – Randomly redirect to a blog post.
- Related Posts
- Remove IP Addresses – Remove IP addresses from comments for user privacy (spam protection still works).
- Responsive Videos
- Search Redirect – If there’s a single search result redirect to it instead of displaying the restuls.
- Sitemap – Sitemap block.
- Social Menu – Replace social links with icons in navigation blocks.
- Spam Blocker – Privacy focused spam blocker.
- Static Social Sharing – Link to social sharing pages, and don’t load social network content on your site.
- Stats – Enable privacy focused analytics providers like Fathom.
- Testimonials – Testimonials Custom post types and blocks.
- Tidy Notifications – Move plugin and theme notifications to a sidebar.
- Typographic Widows – Remove widows in post titles.
- Widget Display – Set rules for widget visibility.
This plugin is heavily inspired by the Jetpack and Machete plugins. A lot of the modules use code from these plugins as starting points.